Professional Residential Roofing in Minnesota
A home is one of the most important investments you make in your lifetime. Whether building a new home, or repairing an existing one, you want to make a sound investment that improves the value and integrity of your home. Berwald offers manufacturer’s guarantees of 20 to 40 years on newly installed roofs. That’s an investment you can count on.
Berwald offers the following roofing systems to our residential clients:
Berwald offers the following options for sloped roofing materials:
- Cedar Shakes
While working with the following manufacturers:
- Certain Teed
- Owens Corning
- Ludowici Roof Tile
- EverGreen Slate Company
- Vande Hey Raleigh Tile
A standing seam roof is constructed of interlocking panels running vertically from the top of the roof to the eave. The interlocking seam where two panels join together is raised above the roof’s flat surface, allowing water to run off without seeping between panels. Standing Seam Metal Roofing is increasing in popularity every year due to its unmatched durability and investment value.
We work with the following manufacturers for architectural metal roof projects.
- Firestone Una-Clad
- Coated Metal Group Ultra-Clad
- Peterson Aluminum Pac-Clad
- Berridge Manufacturing
- Ryerson ColorKlad & AlumaKlad
- Merchant & Evans Inc. Zip-Rib
Built-Up Roofing Systems
A very popular roofing system in the Midwest, built-up roofing offers great protection at a reasonable cost. A system of multiple layers of roofing felt are adhered with either hot asphalt or cold-application cement, and surfaced with various materials. Upon inspection Berwald will make recommendations regarding the correct materials and techniques for your roofing project, or work according to architectural plans. We work with the following manufacturers for built-up roofing projects.
- Johns Manville
Single Ply Membrane
As the name implies, single-ply systems utilize a single layer of high-tech roofing material to cover your roof. Materials used include:
- EPDM – an elastomeric rubber roofing membrane.
- PVC – an energy efficient, fiber-reinforced, lightweight roofing membrane.
- TPO – a high quality, reinforced membrane with superior tear strength and stability.
Your membrane will be attached in one of three ways:
- Fully adhered system – An adhesive that firmly secures the membrane to the substrate.
- Mechanically Attached System – special fastening plates are placed in various patterns based on building height, geographic locale, deck type and building usage.
- Ballasted System – loose gravel or interlocking pavers keep the membrane in place.
We work with the following manufacturers for single-ply roofing projects.
- Johns Manville
- Sika Sarnafil